Monday, May 08, 2006

A New Day, A New Notebook


Usually, wherever I go I keep a notebook and pen handy. I write down anything that comes to mind or that I experience; things I think are worth jotting down and keeping. Ideas, imagery, funny stories, memories, things I saw, conversations I overheard, feelings, drunken ramblings, personal confessions, quotes, dreams... whatever. I've been keeping books like this for years. And whenever I'm stuck or need an idea or feel nostalgic, I open up one of the old ones and start reading. A trip down memory lane in some way, shape or form every time...

My last notebook was started in September 2004 and just last week I filled the last page. Black ink to the last line. No more room.

So it was time for a new notebook. Time to start fresh. Blank pages!

Hence, the new profile pic. Me with pen in hand ready to keep the creative process flowing. I never know when inspiration's gonna hit or what's gonna come out of my mind through that pen.

It's this constant uncertainity, this mystery, that makes writing so much fun.

No comments: