Saturday, April 30, 2005

My boy, Clyde


clydeface, originally uploaded by C.B. Cebulski.

Here he is, my boy, my pride and joy... Clyde Koala Skark Bond Wallaby Dragon Zip Greato Cebulski.

Yes, my cat has seven middle names, and I can assure you that there's a good story behind every one. (And yes, cat owners are weird.)

For example, he got the "Dragon" name one night after we finished watching Reign of Fire. Clyde was sitting on the table watching the movie with me and his head would move this way and that as he watched the dragon action on the screen. When the movie ended I turned off the DVD and walked down the hall to the bathroom without turning on the lights. When I got back into the living room, it was dark but I noticed Clyde wasn't on the table where I'd left him only minutes earlier. No sooner could I wonder where he'd gone then there's this blood-curdling cross between a howl and a meow and he jumps off my desk and attacks me, sinking his claws into my arm. The cat was so affected by the movie he actually thought he was a dragon! I'm not making this shit up!

The next day I told the story at work and showed them my scars. They couldn't believe it either. Then Ralph Macchio turns to me and comments, "You better not watch the Sopranos with that cat or he'll put a hit out on you!"

Ahhhh, Clyde...

No comments: