Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Books Without Pictures

A Loners fan I met at SDCC recently dropped me a line and asked me if I could provide him with the names of some novels that influenced me and the way I write. Two came to mind right away and I thought I would share...





Murakami and Yoshimoto both craft characters that are so genuine and relatable that you can't help but fall in love with them. They make their emotions so tactile that feel what they feel as you turn every page. And there's an eccentricity to both their work that makes each story a pure pleasure to read. I would recommend reading anything they write!

1 comment:

mellon said...

Hey,

Just wanted say that it was great meeting you in chicago (i was with seth). If you get a spare second, let me know what you thought of GearHead.

-mellon

www.kevinmellon.com