Saturday, January 07, 2006

Jetlag Lag

Given my 2006 Objectives post, a few people have e-mailed to ask about the future of the Jetlag antholigy I spoke about earlier this year. The truth is, it's been delayed until at least Fall 2006, but for very good reasons. You see, I had my U.S. and Japanese publishers all lined up, or at least I thought I did. But when news of this international anthology hit, I was contacted by much bigger publishers on both side of the ocean with much bigger offers to publish it. So I'm finishing negotiations now (part of the reason I was in Tokyo) and it's looking good, so I'll most likely now be able to pay all the contributing artists page rates up front. Now I just have to work out one or two final issues about the rights as I want it to remain 100% creator-owned...

The bigger "problem" this caused was with the Japanese artists I was hoping to be working with, as many committed with the original April/May timeline in mind. Some still want to do work in the States as they have made holes in their schedules to work on short stories, so I'm currently talking to two comic publishers about getting some of these talents some higher profile WFH gigs while we wait for the final contracts on Jetlag. More on this soon...

4 comments:

Scott Sackett said...

What is a "WHF gig"?

C.B. Cebulski said...

Work For Hire

Sorry for not explaining earlier.

Take care,
C.B.

Scott Sackett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dub said...

This sounds quite exciting, actually. Good luck with it, C.B.