Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tokyo!

Sorry for the lack of posts this week, but I'm up in Tokyo and it has just been a whirlwind. I don't have a moment to myself from morning till past midnight, not that that's a bad thing though as I've been having a blast!

Here's the view from the hotel during the day...
















And at night...















I have to say, I've learned more about the Japanese manga industry in the last two days than I have in the last ten years. More updates with all kinds of juicy details soon...

8 comments:

"crusher" said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"crusher" said...

Been enjoying the hell out of your blog, CB.

Keep them pictures comin'!

JL

Anonymous said...

Hey C.B. Being a total fan of Takeshi Miyazawa I visit his blog often and found out you guys know each other. And I found your blog as well. I didn't know you had one. Anyway, you seem to know all my favorite Japanese artists.

Scott Sackett said...

"I have to say, I've learned more about the Japanese manga industry in the last two days than I have in the last ten years."

Do you think that is because the Japanese attitude towards outsiders have changed or has your position within the industry opened doors for you?

Or something else?

(Also diggin' the photos!)

Scott Sackett said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelsey said...

I'm wondering, is Tokyo bigger than New York City?

Anonymous said...

Hey CB... Have a great time on your trip. I saw you at the con but was up to my eyeballs in commissions so I couldn't find ya. Maybe we'll chat at the next one... just look for me at the table... I'm always there.

Jason Meek - draw a comic!!
(my old Kubie School classmate).

Unknown said...

Hope you've been doing well, CB!! I definitely want to pick your brain about what you've learned :) I'll be back in NYC in early Feb...I'll check to see if you're free.