Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Test of Time

As some of you may know, I'm currently writing an autobiographical anthology about the misspent adventures of my youth. The first issue of Wonderlost, a 64 page tell-all of teenage romance, hits stores in October/November. I'll be talking more about the project and posting art and more details as we get closer to the release date.

To put me in the mood for writing these stories, I've downloaded a lot of old albums I was listening too back in the day, from 1985 to1989, most of which I still own but are on cassette tape down in the basement of my parents home. It's amazing how some albums stand the test of time and others don't.

U2's War and Live At Red Rocks are still musical masterpieces.

Depeche Mode's early singles from 81-85 don't hold up so well. What the hell I was thinking listening to some of these tracks?! Black Celebration still kicks ass though.

Jury's still out on Yaz's Upstairs at Eric's. Some of the songs still make me emtional and bring up lost memories. Others make me cringe!

No comments: