Thursday, October 06, 2005

Empty Theaters

One thing I love about working freelance and setting my own hours is that I can go to the movies whenever I want. I usually go to the first showings of the day during the week, around noon here in NYC, when most normal people are in work and all the kids are in school. The theaters are usually empty with only a handful of people at these shows. It's quiet, no one talks, no cell phones go off, no laser pointers, no screaming babies. I love the fact that I can get a row all to myself anywhere I want and sit there and take in the cinemeatic experience with no distractions. It's the only way to fly!

I saw SERENITY yesterday and I loved it. It had some very surprising moments, but I won't spoil anything. There were a few things I didn't like, but when 95% of the movie was excellent, why bitch about little, nitpicky things, right? Please go see this film, support Joss, and spend your $10 in support of this amazing but underrated sci-fi gem.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I saw this last Friday night, around 8pm and the theatre wasn't crowded at all. Part of me loved that, but for box office sales, it wasn't cool.
Anyway, I loved the film, less for a few things as well. Going to see it again this weekend in between the FT job and getting some scripts finished. :)