Sunday, October 16, 2005

I Can't Believe I'm Admiting This

We watched A Lot Like Love last night... and I actually enjoyed it.

I can't stand Ashton Kutcher. And my brother has a huge thing for Amanda Peet that I just don't get. So you think I'd hate this one, right? But they actually had some decent chemistry between them! Trust me, I'm as surprised as anyone. Now I wouldn't recommend it as a 'Must See DVD', but given some of the other cheesy, romantic crap we've seen flooding theaters recently (Reese Witherspoon as a ghost?!), this was definitely a cut above the rest. I have to say, even the writing wasn't that bad.

Predictable, yes, but more witty and original than it had any right to be. ALLL becomes another of my guilty pleasures.

Now stop laughing at me!

1 comment:

hipchecker said...

Hey, I liked her like 5 years ago around the Saving Silverman and Whipped era. That ad when she first appeared on the George Clooney and Michelle Pfiefer flick One Fine Day.

Oh man, am I as lame as my brother now?