Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Quickie Reviews of the Day

I know I've fallen way behind of my 'DVD of the Day' and 'Movie of the Week' reviews. So here's a quick rundown of a few things I've had the time to check out...

Crash - Really enjoyed this one. A little heavy-handed and in-your-face in certain places with the racism, but a well-crafted film with some wonderful twists and turns. I'm looking forward to more from Paul Haggis. Highly recommended.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - I'll be posting a full review of this shortly. I liked it better than Episode 1 and 2, but it was not without its flaws. I have some bigger problems with it in the context of the Star Wars mythos as a whole, but it did connect all the dots rather nicely.

The King Arthur DVD - I read an interview with the director last summer out at Ralph's pool where he told people to skip the PG movie in theaters and wait for the unrated DVD. (I'm sure the producers loved that!) So I did. And I'm glad I did. I didn't think this was that bad at all. I was actually pretty impressed. Grest design, nice action, good acting.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars DVD - Simply awesome! Run out and buy this now! The amazing thing is that 75% of it is silent and you don't even notice as the animation tells the story so well!

Lethal Weapon - A classic. I love this movie more each time I see it. The dynamic between Riggs and Mertuagh is perfect. Still one of Mel Gibson's best performances.

The CSI Season Finale - Directed by Quentin Tarantino based on his story. I'm not a big CSI guy but though this was pretty good. Definitely had a lot of Tarantinio-isms and kept you guessing. I hope QT does more TV.

Depserate Housewives Season Finale - A little disappointing actually. Somewhat predictable, I thought. There were a few things that caught me off guard, but otherwise, it was kind of a let down as the season's wrap-up.

Lost and Alias - Still kick ass. I can't wait until the season finales tomorrow, even though I know their cliffhangers are going to leave me waiting through the whole summer for answers.

2 comments:

hipchecker said...

Hey, here's an idea - Get out more!!!!! There is this new thing called a "g-y-m".

Alias...? That show still around? I didn't see a post about The Apprentice........

C.B. Cebulski said...

The Apprentice sucks. Everyone knows that show is rigged!