Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Tobagan Quote of the Day

I've quickly learned that the Tobabgan people are not afraid to speak their minds. Take this conversation for instance, which will become my quote of the day...

Mutsumi and I've been looking for some good local food and saw that this dude in the gift shop was holding a bag from "Tobago's Best BBQ". So I walked over and struck up a conversation with him that went something like this:

Me: Hey, Tobabgo's Best BBQ! I've heard the barbeque down here is fantastic. Is that place any good?

Him: Yeah, man, it's good on de island. But this place be okay.

(He pauses.)

Him: But it's rather greasy and fatty. That's all good for me though.

(He pauses again as he checks me up and down. He smiles as he looks back at me.)

Him: But that may not be so good for you.

Ouch!

No comments: