Thursday, August 25, 2005

Bobby Flay Who?


It's obvious from looking at me that I enjoy a good meal. What many people don't know is that I also like to cook. However, as most of my specialties are of the meat variety and my recipes call for lots of butter, oil, garlic and hot sauce, Mutsumi prefers I stay out of the kitchen and leave the cooking to her. But to help wrap up my "food finds" weekend, I jumped in on the ol' BBQ and roasted up a meal for the family. The main course... lamb!!

We found lamb was actually cheaper in CT than it is here in NYC, so we bought quite a bit, as you can see. (That's for six people!) I marinated it the night before in extra virgin olive oil, ground black pepper, canned diced garlic and fresh chopped garlic. It sat for about 18 hours, letting the oil and spices sink in. Then all I did was grab the tongs and drop the meat on the grill. One thing to keep in mind though is that it's a shame to let the extra marinade go waste. There's a lot of flavor in it and you don't want to just throw it out. So what I recommend doing, as seen here, is slicing a few peppers in half and filling them with the leftover marinade as you grill. They end up quite tasty!

And just so you have the full menu, the lamb was accompanied by fresh corn on the cob, salad with a lemon-mustard dressing Mutsumi made, and a side of Tabasco-infused mac and chesse that Erika whipped up.

No comments: