Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Feed A Cold

Ever since I got back from Wizard World Chicago a few eeks back, I've had this summer cold that just won't go away. It sucks. So this past weekend, I decided to live by the old adage "Feed a cold, starve a fever" and with the help of my family, I went on a bit of a food binge and splurged on some good eating. Given my size, it's not like I needed to stuff my face with gourmet treats, but I love to eat and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

The weekend started with a wonderful meal at AQUAVIT in NYC. It's a Scandanavian restaurant run by Marcus Samuelson and I highly recommend it. One of my brother's best buds is a PR guy for celebrity chefs and he reps Marcus, so he booked us a great table and hooked us up.

We started with an assortment of herring...



Moved on to some gravlax...



And then went on to a main course of crayfish.



In between the dishes (but not pictured) we had an amazing trout roast in a garlic/apple soup, swedish meatballs, a fantastic baked salmon, and plenty of beer and aquavit to wash it all down!

No comments: